Stay focused on the big picture

STAY FOCUSED ON THE BIG PICTURE

“Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey


Admit it. There will be days when work will feel boring. When tasks feel repetitive. When you feel like you have 100 things to do on your checklist. Or when you’re just plain irritated. The easy thing to do is to feel frustrated and to give up. Or you could stay focused on the big picture.


When I worked at ICON Computer, I started a weekly partner training program that quickly grew from 20 attendees to well over 100 sales reps at its peak. One of my co-workers was upset because he felt like it would end up creating more work for him (i.e., if Nelson is doing it, then we’ll all have to start doing this!).


If I caved and stopped doing the training's so that my co-worker wouldn’t feel obligated to do more work, do you know what would have happened?


We wouldn’t have created #100.000 in pipeline, that’s for sure.


That’s why you’ve got to keep your eye on the big picture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment